Thursday, October 15, 2009

what's in a name?

I have two [very dear] friends who are both going through very difficult trials in their lives today. Both have lost family members, within a day of each other. For one, this is the second huge loss in 10 years. They both are two of my most favorite people, in the whole world.

They both share the same name: Amy

Amy by definition means: beloved

Amy by MY definition means something possibly even greater.

An "Amy" is/has:
  • unwavering
  • faithful
  • opinionated
  • devout
  • a backbone to stand for what is right
  • a heart full of compassion & understanding
  • a chin to take the "blows" life sends
  • hands to ease the burdens of others
  • amazing at motherhood - it is an art
  • never gives up [not on anyone / not on anything]
  • perceptive to the needs of others
  • "Wonder Woman" - thanks "Jillian's Mom" - so fitting.

There is nothing I can say that will take away [or even ease] this pain they are feeling. Just needed to say, "I love them", "I am here for them", "I adore them", "I admire them", & "I cry with them".

4 comments:

kristen said...

great post, emily. thanks

Karine said...

Thanks for expressing these heart-felt emotions. Reminds us of how important it is to share and "speak" love to those around us daily!

Sarah said...

You are a great friend, Emily. I know Amy and Damon need our love and support and this post is sincere and full of love!

amyraye said...

thank you emily.