I freaking love you.
I love that it's YOUR birthday today . . . because it makes me think on all the awesome events, times & memories we've shared together.
Most of all, I am grateful.
I'm grateful . . . . .
- That you expected a lot of me.
- That we'd meet - just you and I - in that horrible room with the shag carpet to go over how I was doing [school, life, sports, etc]
- For the example you are to Peanut.
- For the example you are to us solely by your actions.
- That you taught me about money at an early age. "Emily, you either make interest or pay it."
- That I still want to talk to you before a big purchase.
- That you taught me so many sports.
- That you expected just as much from me during sports as my brother.
- That we took walks together at night.
- That you call me randomly just to see how I am.
- That you call me "sweetie".
- That you hug me every time I see you.
- That you got to see me be born.
- That you taught me how a man should treat a woman by the way to treated / treat Mom.
- That you are slow to anger. [but seriously, what went wrong here with me?! ;) ]
- That you danced for my friends when I begged you to.
- That you didn't hate me when I decided I was "done" with volleyball at just the wrong time.
- That you made me work hard on Saturday's. chores. chores. chores.
- For the love you show me and my family.
- For the prayers, I'm sure, you sent up daily on my behalf.
- For being at all my volleyball games. Yelling your heart out.
- For being at my races. In "run emz" attire.
- That you don't get mad when I poke fun at your
- For being there 23.25 hours of my 24 hour run.
- For always telling me, "Em, don't be so critical" when my attitude was crap.
- For being athletic.
- For always putting your family first. ALWAYS.
- For teaching me how to NOT throw like a girl.
- For teaching me how to drive.
- For buying that Nissan 300Z.
- For the way you eat a cob of corn. just amazing.
- For always saying "good earth".
- For always loving my cooking.
For being twinkle toes, Gordy, Papa & MY Dad.
I. freaking. love. you.