Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"Ain't That Peculiar" - Marvin Gaye

Like 874 .....ok fine, 8 days ago an awesome KIWI blogger tagged me.

And I do anything a New Zealander asks me to.

I was tagged to answer 11 random things about me.  But..........I added 3 because I like 14 better. Sorry.  I never did follow rules well.

Let's DO IT:

Her questions for me:

1. Jogging on the spot at the red lights - good or pathetic?

*pathetic - mind you, I'm a treadmill girl.

2. What is your best running moment?

*24 hour treadmill run

3.What gets you into blogging? Do you get inspired to run more by other bloggers?

*lately....getting tagged. ;) I do get inspired by other bloggers, for sure.

4. What is your favorite running blog and why?

*Seriously too many.  I know that's lame but it's true.

5.What do you carry on you when you run?

*In training - nada.
*On races - gu, watch, gum

6. If time is not an issue,would you prefer to run in hot or cold weather? Rain or shine? Day or night?

*I'd say cold even though I dislike cold, I sweat like crazy.  LOVE the rain.  And day - for sure.

7. What is your favourite dessert?

*Carrot cake

8. What are your short-term running goals?

*yikes . . . . . I'm doing my first R2R2R at the Grand Canyon in October, does that count?

9. How do you reward yourself after a long hard run?

*Pickles - then Mexican food

10. Do you try to eat healthy most of the week and how do you do it?

*Yes, for sure.  I work from home so I really have no excuse for bad eating.

11. Name one really good movie you have watched recently and why?

*Watched "Sliding Doors"- way old but I found it in our collection.  Love that movie.  Reminds me that life happens in the little decisions we make.......not the huge ones.


My +3

1.  I'm a self check-out girl.  Doesn't matter if I buying 2 items or 222 items.  I like to bag my own items, in my own freaking way.  Type A?  me?  never.

2.  I have a huge obsession with the number 4.  But more importantly, 444. 
No, I'm not into numerology.  Just carries a big meaning to me.



3.  I have words I hate.  YES.  H A T E.  not dislike.  not that bother me....but HATE.
The worst offender . . . . . I can't even write.  But anyone who knows me knows the WORD.

I can almost dry heave just thinking about it.

***************************************************

Do YOU have A word?

15 comments:

ltlindian said...

I HATE the word surreal. Seriously, don't even post it ever. It is so overused that it just means nothing to me.

That word is dead to me.

ShutUpandRun said...

I hate "moist" and "totes" for totally. I know yours isnt' pickle, steak, PITA or Vegas.

Emz said...

Ohhhhh SUAR.
I soooo miss you.

Jason said...

OK, so carrot cake and pickles and mexican food. Sounds like our menu for after IMAZ......ha ha ha! No I am not joking and yes I am very serious.

Then the next morning we need to find the breakfast place that serves the best pancakes, omelets and waffles because I will be eating ALL of that.

This is your mission should you choose to accept it.

Michelle said...

I HATE the word ain't....cuz it ain't a word!
I LOVE that you posted...I've been missing my EMZ fix.
I signed up for Eugene, did you????

Char said...

I don't have a word I hate. And I'm feeling really left out. I didn't know we had to hate words - I pretty much love them all because they give me power - power to uplift, to instruct or to wound if I'm careless or pre-menstrual.

Caroline said...

hmmmm in English...I have a few words I dont like that I cannot type..not a fan of offensive words..but one I can type that I dont like is Can't.

CautiouslyAudacious said...

To your point on #1 I read a funny post once that said joggers jog in place at a red light and runners just stand there getting pissed :-)

Mr Lonely said...

walking here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =)

Regards,
http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

Vicky Cook said...

moist *shudders*, breaaaaaaast (have to say it like that aaaaand *shudders*). My FAVOURITE word just happens to be pickle. I like to say 'pickle truck' and get to frequently whilst reading to my son from his Richard Scarry books. I also like all swear words and wonder why my kids don't use them more often considering they hear them so much?

Emz said...

Best. Comment. Ever.

Pam said...

Now I'm really curious! LOL I have to know your two words!

LOL @ SUAR for "moist"

Jill said...

I'm guessing your most hated word is "alot" ... the one-word version! :)

xo

Emz said...

M word. You nailed it. Holyfreakinggross.
2nd the "p" word for undies.

Morgan Kornegay said...

Hmmm the word "moist" is a bad one. Not as bad as"panties" though. ;) LOVE YOU!