Wednesday, September 2, 2009

amble

Peanut: Chuy we are going to the gym! I need to get up! Mom, look at Chuy! Amble on me why don't you Chuy?

Mom: Honey, I think you mean "trample"

Peanut: No, Mom I mean "amble"

Mom: Umm, honestly, I don't know what "amble" means but I don't think it means what you think it does.

Peanut: Well, actually, it does Mom. I read it in a book.

Mom: Ok, I know you are a smart kid and I bet you read that in one of the 8 books you read yesterday, but trust me kid. {why did I say that?!}

Peanut: Well, maybe we should make a bet?

Mom: Betting is a bad idea .... but . . . ok {feeling confident} what is it you want to bet?

Peanut: a "Smoothie King" smoothie {at a cost of $6}

Mom: Fine - and I want a 25 minute back rub {immediately started thinking of how good this was going to feel after my 9 mile run today}. :)

Peanut: Great! Where's your phone? I'll google it. {scary}

Mom: We are running late to meet Dad, we'll do it on the way to the gym {red lights only, of course}

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hope you enjoy the Blueberry Heaven® smoothie after school today kid. Did I mention my lower back is killing me?!






No comments: