Monday, September 21, 2009

I've been blitz-ified

So this {below}, is why I think summers are bearable in Arizona.


If I had a facebook account it would read: fan of: sunsets [I heart sunsets]



So while taking a walk Thursday night, Peanut & I decided to come up with as many words as we could to describe this sunset. All were mostly ones you'd expect {wonderful, fabulous, colorful, awesome, grand, amazing, etc}. So I was then told these were "boring" and we should try "less used" words.

Me: ginormous
Peanut: that's a "mom" word. {eye roll - pause}. . . ravishing
Me: WOW little lady! give me the definition
Peanut: Ummm, Mom - remember who was right last time? http://royalpitatoias.blogspot.com/2009/09/amble.html

Mom: {oh, this girl has got an attitude} . . . . yes - definition please!
Peanut: well it means like beautiful but it usually is like beauty with emotion like tears or happiness.
Mom: {thinking - is 9 really the age where I already feel "one upped" by my daughter. {that's probably even the wrong word}.

and it didn't stop there - - bring on Saturday night . . . .


Peanut: why does IKEA have replete amounts of everything!?

I just grabbed my phone snapped this photo {all the while - - she kept asking the same question}.

What I wanted to say:
The Pita thought this was hilarious {he was 3' away in the "1742 tea-light candles for $1.04" area} and whispered in my ear, "hey Blondy, there's a dictionary in aisle 74".

* * * * * * * * * * * *
My question to the Pita: My child used to ask me for answers?! {Ok-I realize she did ask a question ..... but I can't flippin' understand her?!?!} Is this the end of my reign?!
Pita: Do you feel blitzed?
Me: { p a u s e } [thinking ok - football, I KNOW what a blitz is in football ----! ----]
Pita: go ask your daughter.

2 comments:

Ann/Rob said...

OK... I just read through your AMAZING blog--and now I know for sure that I'm not going to work on my blog, EVER. ...I know I shouldn't compare, but I can't help it! :)

Emz said...

Oh Ann - Ann - Ann. Let me have ONE thing {even though I severely doubt the truthfulness of your comment}. You are the perfect daughter/mom/church go-er/aunt/teacher not to mention the most patient person I have ever met. I mean seriously - you put up with . . . ME!