Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"4th Dimensional Transition" - MGMT

I love 4.
I REALLY love "4".

So I'm loving the fact that it is 4/4 today.

So I did what all other #4 lovers out there would have done.

Got up at 4:44am on 4/4.

Thank you to Adrienne for the inspiration.

[photo from her treadmill run last night]. freaking. loved. it.

It just looks pretty, doesn't it?

Almost daily AT 4:44pm my favoritest girl texts me "4:44 [with party emoticons that follow]".

While I would have LOVED to have had the time to run 44.44 miles today . . .
I settled for this:

[The best run I've had in almost six months. 7:29 pace with the last 3 miles at 6:50.]

I know, where's the 4's, right? Sometimes I actually have to force myself to NOT include a four. It's a part of my OCD treatment that I'm not getting.

However, today April 4th IS National Walk to Work Day.

I totally took part.

Man, I freaking love working from home.

X 444.

** You have a favorite number?**

**Did you walk to work today?**

14 comments:

ltlindian said...

My favorite number is 5! so 5/5 is awesome. Cinco de Mayo! My middle kid was supposed to be born that day but she decided to come early.

Enjoy your day of 4!

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

You're. so. in. the.running. for. most.creative. love. Adrienne.

XLMIC said...

So funny...my uncle's birthdate is 5/5/55. And yes, 5 is his favorite number. I'm partial to 3. But then again I have 4 kids...so I think 4 is pretty awesome :)

Caroline said...

I like 24
it was my jersey # in HS and in College.

for a single digit
1
my bday is 1-11
I like it. it is "clean".

ShutUpandRun said...

Yes I walked from my kitchen to my office. 20 feet. Exhausted.

TriMOEngr said...

Kids were off school so after some errand running with my girl, I came home and then walked the 10' to my "office" from the kitchen. Love it!

Jason said...

Just like Beth and yourself I walked to work today as well. Exhausting.

Rachelle Wardle said...

ha ha you crack me up. Great run today!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I got that long walk to work as well. Maybe 30 steps from the bedroom to my office.LOL

Thought of you yesterday morning as I was driving to master's swim - When I pulled into the gym it was 4:44am. I thought if she can run on a TM for 24hrs I can drag my ass into this cold pool.

racing dawn said...

And how did we miss each other today of all days at 4:44?

Freakin spring break. ;)

coach dion said...

I was going to leave you 4 comments... (I was thinking that would make you really happy...you do say comments make you happy.)

I see the miles you post on your blog, and oftern wonder why? Like the 16.99 or the 14.19!!!! Since I run with Mr. Garmin I find myself running round the block to make it an even number, OK some times I settle for a .5

This is your months April (4) so are you going to aim at running 444.44 miles?

Silly Girl Running said...

The number 5 and the number 9. I even add up the numbers on a bib to see if they add up to 5 or 9, and convince myself I'll have a great race if they do. :) Not a fan of the number 7, though.

Silly Girl Running said...

The number 5 and the number 9. I even add up the numbers on a bib to see if they add up to 5 or 9, and convince myself I'll have a great race if they do. :) Not a fan of the number 7, though.

Michelle said...

11 is my favorite number! It was my number for basketball in high school and has been my fave ever since. When I see 11:11 on the clock it makes me smile :)