Being that you are "X" years older than me [never mind that you look younger - whatever]. I'm amazed at how much I do remember about growing up with you. Sure, some things were told to me . . . but a lot of the memories are right from this little brain of mine.
Nope, I don't remember this:
You have always been there for me.
I have been told you would wake up with me at night so mom could sleep. seriously?! How many pre-teens would do that? And as I'm told --- you'd sing to me when you'd get up with me. [ahhhh, here come the tears]
I'm amazed. often. with you. by you. because of you.
Have you ever realized all you have done? All you do? All you've accomplished? All the trials you've come out "on top" of? Things you do each and every day that are amazing?
Here's a few I can think of:
- Having 5 children
- The female college grad of the family
- Did I mention a Master's degree too?
- Church callings
- forgiving [think tithing story]
- flying home to be with your crazy little 10 year old sister
- waiting [sorry don't remember exactly how many 7?] years to have a biological child
- your children in all their sports
- inviting me over to dinner when it was just you, R & Freddy
- kissing R after dinner prayer - I use your example every day now too ;)
- you had four kids - and you look like you've had none
- you working from home [on top of all the mom/wife work]
- dealing with that crazy dog of yours on Friday's ;)
- attending EXTRA family events
- you are a peacemaker
- you see the good in others
- you don't gossip
- texting me back
- texting me back fast
- always saying yes to me when I'm in a pinch
- always saying yes to most people
- you are kind
- you are emotional
- you are sensitive to other's needs/feelings
- letting me help [ha - is food helping?!] when I know something's going on [that's a big "KNOW" - as I usually would never know] ...which brings me to....
- you don't complain
- running a 1/2 marathon with less than 10 days notice
- patient. you are the most patient person I know
Happy Birthday To MY Sister.
I love you.