Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"Toes" - Zac Brown Band

Leave it to the Pita.

Seriously.

One. in. a. freaking. million.

A
proper
conversational
"flow"
does
not
[cannot]
exist
in
my
home.

For the most part we are three squirrels all going after the same nut.

nut = attention

[Pita walking in from gym]

me:  hey, how was your workout?
Pita: good.  what the *&%#@ are you doing to the chicken?
Me: sooooo.....good?
Pita:  cook veggies - then add the chicken
Me: see my arms?

Pita:  told you to stop blood doping.  where's the lettuce?
Peanut:  see my leg? [shows 2" semi-bloody scratch]
Me:  see my arm?
Peanut:  I have no idea how I did it.  cool, huh?
Pita: Em, where is the peanut [food peanut] satay sauce?

Peanut:  mom, I'm not eating that.  The chicken is brown.
Me: it's peanut butter on it.  Can I have your Reese's peanut butter egg thing from Easter?
Pita: I don't think chocolate is on the 24 hour pre-endurance run menu and I'm pretty sure we need lettuce for lettuce wraps.

Me:  you can wrap them in your freaking __________ .  I love you Pita.

Me: you have good toes.

Pita: no, I just have my toe nails unlike my RHAO wife [sorry not telling you what that means].

Peanut: my toes are yellow because I painted them yellow a while ago and they are stained that color.  So awesome.  I don't even have to paint them any more.

Me:  Ya, me either.
Pita: does a dude really want to be told he has nice looking feet?
Me:  well if he's my hubby he does.  Hey wanna buy  me a woodway treadmill?

Pita:  ohhhhhh the $10,000 treadmill?  Want to buy me 8 guns?
Me: but worth every penny.  it won't say "nordic&^%#@" on it!
Pita:  valid point.  NordicTrack sucks.
Me:  soooooooooooo that's a "yes" yay me!!

[eating dinner ---- 4.44 minutes later]

[Pita disappears as he does most days when it's "dishes" time] ;)

Pita:  let me show you something.

Pita:  TA-DAAAA!

My awesome "Custom Bumper Stickers" .

freaking. loved. this.

And those of you who bought a shirt yesterday ----- one will be included in your RUN EMZ package.

So
on to
today.

Today, I enjoy my semi-rest [no running but other workout planned] day.

Me.
My.
bag
o'Corn.
my super ugly chair.
and

even uglier toes.
and
meet the fockers [dvd].

three. more. sleeps.

49 comments:

KovasP said...

Running
Ho
Acts
Out
?

Emz said...

You. Are. Dead.

bobbi said...

Like Kovas, I have been totally making stuff up...

Running
Hardcore
And
Obsessed?

Running
Here
And
Over there?

Seems we all agree on "running" anyhow...

Erika said...

Is chocolate ever not an option???
Your stickers rock!
Your dinner convo is as hilarious as mine:)

SupermomE13 said...

Runs
Her
Ass
Off
Wife??? :)

LOVE the stickers!!! So excited for you!!

Emz said...

Supermom. You. Win. !!!

Tamara said...

Have you tried icing with a bag of rice? A lot less messy if you fall asleep and don't return it to the freezer :) I recommend a new, unopened bag (spilled rice is A. Disaster.) Happy running!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Has to be "Run Her A$$ off"

I was throughly entertained by your families conversation, I want to come over and make some popcorn and just and watch you 3 chat

CautiouslyAudacious said...

Hillarious!

bobbi said...

Runs Her A$$ Off - I totally should have thought of that.

LOVE it!

Tom said...

Congratulations. You are both insane and motivating. Take a day off and get some rest!

Caroline said...

this is what I like
FEET (ugly toes or pretty toes) UP!
+ a funny movie. I approve this good combo.
now can I come over for dinner to add French accent to this hilarious discussion?!!

Caroline said...

Kovas Kovas Kovas.....

Emz said...

Caroline. Whenever. You. Freaking. Want. My door is always open to Caroline.

Julie said...

Rock hard abs ?

Love the dinner conversation and the stickers!

Christi said...

I love the converation. Sounds very similar to conversations at my house.

Marlene said...

I love the little random convos. And NICE stickers! Suck it, Nordic!

SupermomE13 said...

Woo hoo!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

you have beautiful toes that do beautiful things!!

Unknown said...

Really
Hot
And
Overachiever

in a good way :)

Unknown said...

Runs
Horses
Over
All the time

Lucas R. Tucker said...

as soon as I read it i assumed running her ass off.

Emz said...

Runs
Horses
Over

JL. Freaking. Awesome.

Love. That.
All. Smiles.

Aimee said...

This post totally cracked me up!!
LOVE the stickers!!

Tricia said...

love the stickers

and um...wow I am actually starting to be able to follow your conversations


(sometimes I leave saying "what did I just read?")

ha

Teamarcia said...

Awesome stickers! Yes it had to be runs her ass off.
I think vanishing at dishes time is in men's genetic code.

Unknown said...

Hilarious.

Emz said...

Tricia. Love your comment.

Guess. The. Name. Of. My. Blog. Is truly fitting. ;)

Laurie said...

Great stickers. Love the labels at the bottom of your post. :)

Unknown said...

buildasign saves the pita tons of money ...hehehhehe

Anonymous said...

I thought the post was hilarious until I read some of the comments. Wow!

Unknown said...

Love the stickers, the shirt ... and your blog. Looking forward to reading more.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Jen said...

You always make me smile! I wish I could be a fly on your wall.
3 more sleeps. I will be thinking about you!

Char said...

RHAO - I'm going to be stuck on that one all day. It's not in Urban Dictionary ... yet.

Loved the conversation. Doesn't matter that you all have different agendas. At least you're all talking.

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Running
Hotdogs
Are
Outstanding!!!

Kevin and Kim Partridge said...

Your husband got the RHAO all wrong. You have no "A".

Running
Helps
All
Others

But your Kovas one was way more funny.

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

the randomness is great. real stuff.

Emz said...

K&K. Agree on the kovas part.

Mike-the comments are where it's "at". ;)

Jim. Freaking. Freaking. Freaking. Hilarious.

Annie said...

I am so happy to know I am not the only one with jacked up toenails!

Lauren said...

Love the stickers! So cool! :)

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

bumperstickers= AWESOME!!!

I'm so excited for your run!! you're going to rock it Em!! :)

coach dion said...

What must be must be!!!
Have a fab treadmill time.
I'll be in the mountain.
3 day race.
each to his/her own.
You make me smile.

it's all about pace said...

you had me at peanutbutter chicken... recipe? :-)

Johann said...

Love it! I currently have 8 toenails and they are all different colors. We had barefoot day at work a while back and I got some very funny looks.

Steel Springs said...

Great stickers! Was the chicken tasty?

Sarah said...

You guys are funny! :-D Love the custom bumper sticker.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Ah! Can I live with you guys for a while?! Entertainment nonstop!

I'm jealous of Coah's toes too--he has toenails.

I am anxious to see Little Fockers!

Matty O said...

Really
Hairy
Ass
Oh man I can't find a funny O.

Hilarious post. Love the GROUP ADD atmosphere, I would feel so at home and follow every convo perfectly ;) HAHAHA.

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I LOVE the incredibly confusing conversation! Hilarious!