Wednesday, February 3, 2010

i heart art

I loved starting my computer today to see it was one of my most favorite artist's birthday.

norman rockwell.

If I didn't love my job so much [no sarcasm here] - I would go back to school to get a major in art history. 

I heart art. 

I love the stories art tells.  I love knowing what inspires other people to create what they create.

I'll never forget what I learned about him in Art History 101. 

He once said, "commonplaces never become tiresome.  It is we who become tired when we cease to become curious and appreciative."

So true.
For today, I am loving this:


The thing I love most?  The old woman's wrinkled hands with the simple gold wedding band.

I'd love 5 minutes to chat with her .... I'm curious about her story.

2 comments:

Karine said...

In a few years I will be that woman. Want an early "chat"?

Julie said...

Karine you will NEVER look that old. Your DNA is too good!!!!and your hair will never be grey! So sorry emily she can't give you that chat:) And Emily I love that picture. I am sad to say that I didn't know of any other art he did besides the little boy/kid art! LOVE IT!