Friday, June 17, 2011

"My Friends" - Red Hot Chili Peppers

are
f r e a k i n g
amazing.

Truth be told . . . .

Some of my most favorite ones . . . I've never even met [not yet, anyway].

Call that "creepy", "weird" and or "not normal".  I'm perfectly fine with that.

Then, once I do . . . . . it rocks.  I have left every blogger meet-up thinking . . . Yep, exactly as awesome as I thought him or her would be.  [And most of the time, some how even AWESOME-R]

One of the bloggers. . . . I am dying to meet . . . .

C a r o l i n e.

You can find her speaking pig-latin  French [here]. 

And seriously . . . I had to CALL her after I saw this post:

http://journeytoahalfmaraton.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-my-arizona-friend.html

So. freaking. thoughtful.

So after my 24 hour run. 

I received an email [with a freaking awesome attachment].

She had put all my posts from my 24 hour treadmill run into a book. 

Like a book I can keep forever. 

Like a book, I'd have NEVER gotten around to / MADE time to make.

She sent me the link [plus a coupon, this lady is a thinker]

And now I have this:


pureawesomeness.
The book that can make me cry by page two. Actually 2.4.

I love the last page too.  Dawn, Mandi, my old 2nd grade boyfriend interviewing my Peanut . . . . ;)

I truly don't have the words Caroline.
And after that email yesterday [which, by the way . . . .is the best email I have ever received on that/explaining {that} topic].

I.  must.  meet.  you. [we'll throw in the abs showdown with CK as needed].

Thoughtful people rock.  Are you are one of the most thoughtful people I have ever meet/not met. ;)

Thank you. [x 4,444,444]

Who has been thoughtful to you lately?
Give them a shout out HERE!!!

And
Also
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE check out Walk a Mile in My Boots; she is hosting a freaking HUGE giveaway to kick Cancer!

Happy Weekend!

27 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

THat is soooo cool!!!

Mandi Runs said...

That is awesome!! I love memory books! :) What a sweet heart that Caroline is!

Sweet Caroline, baa-baa-bummmm

Silly Girl Running said...

Cool! :)

Happy Weekend! :)

Allison said...

That is probably the sweetest thing ever. SO thoughtful! I second Mandi with "i"'s comment.... love that song!

racing dawn said...

I want to meet Caroline too!!! What an amazing, beautiful gift. Something to pass down through the generations for your posterity to know how you have exemplified pureawesomeness. Love it.

Shout out to you lady...
your thoughtfulness/sarcasm has gotten me through this calorie deprived week.

;)

Can't wait to have a looksy at that book. You rock Caroline!!!!

Emz said...

Dawn. You're coming today @ 5, No? Me and my

Big. Monetary. Woe.

Await you.
We will bring juice. ;)
I. Heart. You. Girl.

Mandi. Loving. It.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is BEAUTIFUL!!

KovasP said...

Canadians make good friends.

Emz said...

Kovas......when they don't lose the Stanley Cup, right?!

Nelly said...

That is an amazing gesture by Caroline, awesome!

TRI714 said...

That is beyond thoughtful. WOW !

Runners Fuel said...

How awesome!!

Unknown said...

She's amazing ! You are a blessed lady indeed! :) And I would love to be a fly on the wall when you two meet! :)

ShutUpandRun said...

Wow, what a kind gesture!!!

Caroline said...

Ah you....
you made me cry
I don't deserve all of this...ayaye..THANK YOU for this post full of kindness it is so lovely and sweet and it makes me look way better then I really am...

I feel the same way on the friend thing and I also cannot wait to meet you in person.

I think what you did was something so great and generous and it deserved to be saved in a special way for you and for your daughter and for when you are a grand ma...(in MANY MANY MANY years Peanut if you read this..MANY years..) I would have loved to be there and run a few miles with you and I couldn't so this was my participation!

Abs showdown: I will be the referee all I have on my abs are scars...not pretty. I will be bias to female and blonde participant..so good luck to the rest of you who's name starts with a C.

Thank you my Arizona friend

XLMIC said...

Caroline is super cool and super nice. That is one of the most amazing and thoughtful gifts EVER!!!!

Molly said...

that is so sweet. : )

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful, indeed!

Richelle said...

What an amazingly thoughtful gift! :)

Kevin and Kim Partridge said...

What an amazing friend. You deserve tons of wonderful friends. How thoughtful to make a book for you.

Char said...

Who sys you have to meet someone to know their heart. As bloggers we put so much of ourselves out there for the world to see. And somehow we find like-minded wonderful people who understand us. Caroline found you, GOT you and did something so special for you - she must be a very special person too.

Unknown said...

:)that's awesome
can't wait to meet YOU
either while visiting Kim
or at IMAZ 2012
or next time you are in maine

Jill said...

Caroline is pretty wicked cool!

DRog said...

ahhhhhh that is SOOOOOO COOOL
that = why I started a blog was to flow it into a book. Super awesome she did one on your incredible event

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Caroline freaking rocks. Period. You both do and so glad to connect with 2 beautiful people via bloggyland.

Woodway and Kleenex, sponsor EMZ already would you?!! wth?

Caratunk Girl said...

That is so awesome!

Unknown said...

That is awesome....

So great that people have the capacity for such thoughtfulness.