Thursday, May 3, 2012

"Make You Feel My Love" - Adele

 . . . .

Mother's Day came early for me.

Last night I got to hang out with some of the 8-11 year old girls from church [as I do every two weeks].

I knew what we'd be doing.

Making a gift for their Mom's for Mother's Day.

So, I knew ahead of time, I'd be the recipient of some awesome & soothing [homemade] bath scrub. [thank you, pinterest]


But what I didn't know . . . . . .

was
what
was
going
to
be
written
in
that
card.

Yes, I'm posting it [the inside].

1.  because it brought me to instant tears.
2.  I love 11.  I LOVE eleven.
3.  There will probably be days that she [conveniently] won't remember she wrote this.
4.  I need evidence.
5.  Because being a "mom" means everything to me.  everything.


uggggg.
I'm crying again.


Can you guess my most favorite line?

***********************************

What is the best "Mother's Day" gift you've received?

or

What's the best "gift" you've ever given YOUR Mom?


20 comments:

Runners Fuel said...

AHHH!! how sweet!!

bobbi said...

*sigh*

THESE are the days when being a mom is just the best thing on the planet. Love.

Melissa Cunningham said...

awwwwwww!!!
yes,these ARE the moments when being a mom is the best thing EVER!!!
your favorite line?
just guessing,but thsi would be my favorite-
"i know you're always there for me and i feel comfortable around you"
YATBM!!!!

Cynthia said...

Aww so sweet!

Teamarcia said...

How totally sweet. I wish we could freeze 11. Really.

Caroline said...

the best gift is "showing up". To be there.

best gift to my mom...mother's day 2005 I told her baby #2 was on the way

H Love said...

Your mommy skills and heart show up loud and clear and it is my fav thing about you! HAPPY day!

Christi said...

That is fabulous!

Emz said...

I. Love. This.
You
Know
I
Do

Amanda said...

The best gift I ever received on mother's day was finding out I was finally going to be a mom. That's right on mother's day I got my first positive test and I bawled my eyes out and then beamed the rest of the day. With my second kid I felt awful on mother's day only to find out a few days later I was pregnant with him. :) Stinkers.

My mom still has this funny little bookmark I made her in elementary school with my picture on it. I think it's her favorite.

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

truly loved this...you are so blessed!

ConcreteNCoffee said...

The sweetness is just too much!

Char said...

Awww. That's just so sweet. All I read here is love.

coach dion said...

What's with the mustache?

Emz said...

;)
This kid has an obsession w/mustaches.

She wants a mustache themed bday party for her next birthday.

CautiouslyAudacious said...

Too cute!

racing dawn said...

Still loving this!! Girls are usually the best when it comes to telling you how they feel! I would love to freeze time right now too! E is so sweet!! And yes YATBM!

Kathy said...

Sigh - my kids are 8 and 11 - these are the sweetest years ever. I am so dreading the teens, better soak up as much mom adoration as I can!

Jason said...

That is awesome. Way to P-Nut......

Petraruns said...

Oh I love this! It's wonderful. Save forever girlfriend - keep it close so you can have it when she goes through her teens..