Monday, May 7, 2012

"Today is" - Hot Potato

Today is the one year anniversary of my 24 hour treadmill run.  [That link gets you to part ONE of, I think, 4 that I wrote.]

I'm sure this post will bore 99.94% of you . . . . . so my apologies.

As I've said 87 billion times:

this. day. was. a. top. three. moment.

IN. MY. LIFE.

So, today, I am writing this [in all honesty] mostly for me. [and maybe, one day, when I'm old and crusty Peanut will want to share this with her family....maybe.]

While this run raised a large sum of money for the Sojourner Center.

I am the one who benefited the most from this event.

There was something incredibly humbling about this experience.

Being the girl with the camera in her face, in the spotlight and realizing . . . . all the people AROUND me are the ones who SHOULD be getting the attention.

[kleenex break]

Yesterday, I journaled about this day [in a private journal] in an insane amount of detail. After 550+ blog posts, I've learned some things truly are better unsaid unblogged.

A few of my favorite photos from this very special 24 hours of my life.


I loved that this was held at Channel 12.  Loved Scott Light.  Loved Jay the camera guy.  LOVED.

Love this pre-set up photo.  It says so much.  Dawn [who may I mention, never freaking left my side] keeping tweets/texts going.  My mom, showing love to Peanut and that freaking huge 5 pound gummy bear.

Leg Love X 444.

Me with my brother.
IFLMB.

I love that when he came at 11am he asked, "so when does the next person come to run?"

Me:  ummmm, never.

[so after he finished at work he drove home, got his gear.......and ran with his little sister] [must stop crying].

the literal way to "eat on the run".

How to "run with an IV that your husband is tall enough to hold".
[wasn't really needed but Channel 12 had a list of required things and my Dr. wasn't happy with my fluid loss.]



When the "CRT" thought it'd be funny to hang out with me for a while at 2:30am.

....with the women who made it all happen.



That moment when I realized . . . . . the treadmill only goes to 99.99 miles.

This moment where you ARE that happy.

...nothing like a hug from Dad.



And there's certainly nothing like a best friend.  By the way, ask her about her mad straw skills.


......when you see your husband. 
The best decision I ever made?  HIM.


ILYMTLMP!


Until next time . . . .

[for my family, yes, Dawn, you are family]

I love you.  Thank you for dealing with "emotional me" over the last 24 hours.  To many this was "crazy" or "silly" --- thank you for seeing where my heart was and why this was important to me.  It wasn't about me.  It wasn't even about running.  It was bigger.  Thank you for knowing that.

I am more than thankful.
I am more than lucky.
I am more than blessed.
I am more than grateful.

21 comments:

Melissa Cunningham said...

this post made my heart smile!!!!!
you and everything you stand for completly and totally ROCK!!!!

bobbi said...

Crying again, 1 year later.

You are so special.

SupermomE13 said...

You are amazing. :)
Love it.
Love you.
Hugs from WY!!

ConcreteNCoffee said...

I think about this run of yours all the time. Whenever I'm having a hard time getting through a measly single-digit run, all I have to do is tell myself "EMZ did this for TWENTYFOUR friggin hours!" and that gets me through!

ihaverun said...

I admit, I got a little teary. You are amazing.

Michelle said...

Love, love, love this post!

Cynthia said...

You are such an inspiration!

Amanda said...

I can't believe it's already been a year, I think this was when I started following your blog and I loved reading all about the 24hrs. You are one inspiring lady and I love your heart :)

Jill said...

I am one of the .06% who wasn't bored with this post and loved re-reading all those special moments. You'll do it again one day, when the time is right, I have no doubt....and it will be equally as special. I'd love to be there for that one :).

Happy 100-mile treadmill anniversary!

Evolving Through Running said...

Yours was the first blog I followed in my quest to try and learn how not to get hurt while chasing my running goals. I followed initially because I liked the title of the blog so much, but I continued to read and look forward to posts because of things like this amazing run. Your selflessness, sincerity, and honesty show through in your writing so clearly, and I'm proud to be able to call you a virtual-friend. Looking forward to the day that we cross paths in the real world. Until then - keep making the world a better place.

Char said...

Bored? Never bored by that run. It was amazing.

MCM Mama said...

That was such an amazing day! I felt so honored to be one of the people stalking/texting you through the night!

NY Wolve said...

That's great and a wonderful memory. Things we do produce so much instead of things we do not.

fancy nancy said...

I get goose bumps every time I see these pics! I can only imagine what it must be like for you! Truly an inspiration!!!

Christi said...

This was a great day. I am still amazed at how fabulous you are!

Molly said...

I TOTALLY thought about this the other day! I'm going through stuff for our annual garage sale, and I remembered how last year I read all Dawn's tweets about your run while I sold all my junk : )

Jason said...

Damn it's been a year? That is crazy.

Beth's post that I read today (not sure if published today) asked about being grateful. Today I am grateful for our friendship. Meeting a stranger on the internet, then spending 5 minutes laughing in Vegas (a city in which neither of us lives) and knowing that I'll spend time again with you in a few months is amazing.

I am marveled by the impact that this whole blogging thing has had on my life and I'm thrilled that you are a part of it.

CautiouslyAudacious said...

You are amazing!!! Love the 99.99 photo :-)

adena said...

I still go back and read those posts when I'm looking for a little inspiration. YOU are hands down the most amazing woman on.the.planet.

adena said...

haha I said "a little" inspiration. What meant was "a metric f-ton" ;-)

Anonymous said...

oh my his made me cry again!!

You are truly amazing and a hero in my eyes!