Thursday, April 15, 2010

between 5-9am . . .

 I realized . . .


  1. I'd pay up to $500 to get a solution to the Pita's snoring.

  2. He'd pay $1,000 to get me to stop waking him when he is.

  3. Bad sleep = less than great communication at 5am

  4. He's less than impressed when I think the solution is to fire up the treadmill [it IS at the other end of our home, I'm not that mean.]

  5. He should realize that "little" run saved him. big. time [and me].

  6. "angry" running days can equal awesome running days. 

  7. I'm a "holder on-er".  meaning that argument from last night.  ya, I'm still mad about it [I'll just add on the snoring grumpy bit for extra "fun"]

  8. I'll never be the "do everything" wife I thought I could be.  sure I know how to install insulation, grind floors, use a jack hammer, lift tile, paint, dig trenches, plant cacti, re-plant cacti and re-re-plant cacti but no. no. sorry I will not dig an 8x10 3-4' deep hole in my backyard for a spa I don't want. 

  9. Amy doesn't like my 3 of 5 blogs a week being about running.

  10. That Peanut is quite possibly the most thoughtful 9 year old ever. . . "Mom do you feel like you are "missing something" this morning.  [I'm thinking HA! Yes, where should I start? ....] Me: "My brain".  Peanut: "no a big hug from your favorite daughter."  Cheese ball but loved it.

  11. That this is her favorite photo from our Fiji trip

  12. That - lucky - me.  I won the "we are going to have the farewell party for A & T at our place."  Oh goodie.  On .. the weekend before the july 4th marathon, I'll be running.  yay. perfect.  can't wait.  me you and 40 of your closest co-worker friends.  awesome.

  13. my sitter canned on me for Saturday night.

  14. My dad is doing great after surgery & liked the super healthy turkey meatballs I made him [with the double chocolate cake & ice cream to finish it off with]. of course that was healthy too. [lie]

  15. That I am addicted to Aktin's vanilla shakes.

  16. Spin instructors are amazing.

  17. That I have 38 followers?  what?  That I bore to tears. daily.  loving this.

  18. That my next marathon is in 16 days.

  19. That I still need a jacket [with sweet quote/thought on back] for race day.
I'm liking these:

  • I've got the runs

  • It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse

  • Act like a horse. Be dumb. Just run

  • Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane

  • The greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do

  • Mind is everything: muscle – pieces of rubber. All that I am, I am because of my mind.

  • running is like mouth wash; if you can feel the burn, it's working

  • If you went for a run today and didn't sacrifice anything, congratulations you just jogged.

  • Some people say I am insane for running; I say running keeps me sane.

  • Conquer Thyself

  • My pace or yours [already own that one].

Any others for me?

Happy Thursday!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I love all of those!!

I have a shirt that says "running won't kill you, you'll pass out first" I love that one.

I want one that says "I'm just doing this so I can post pics on Facebook" LOL!

amyraye said...

hey- i never said i didn't like youre running posts, just a comment. don't hold onto that grudge; there's nothing there. you are a runner. you should post a lot about running.

also- i don't remember anything about your dad having surgery. maybe i missed something?

a snoring spouse is hard to forgive.

Kelly Leigh said...

You don't bore us to death! I was having a talk with the husband the other night about how we would both sleep better if we didn't sleep together and does that make us a terrible married couple? We decided it did so he came home with herbal sleeping pills - they worked like a charm last night! Glad you're dad is doing well and looking forward to hearing about your next marathon!

budget menu lady said...

I never thought I'd be dealing with snoring either and be the one doing it. Susie's suggestion is to sew a pocket onto the back of a shirt or pj's and put a tennis ball into it. That keeps the person on their side...and will only work if they only snore when they're on their back.

Unknown said...

Looks like a good day for a list!
I love to read about your running! You are totally inspiring with your marathons!

Laura said...

Not bored here..I am glad I found your blog!
My race is in 16 days....already freaking out...

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Cute post!!! :)

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

all of those sayings are great! hard to just pick one though. my favorite cheezy quote is from Shawshank Redemption: Get busy living or get busy dying.
A marathon in 16 days? Which one?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.