Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm gonna run this town

Well, It's official. 

Prescott will be seeing me.  Soon.

Whiskey Row Marathon 2010

May 1, 2010.

Ready?  Yes.  Ran a 20 miler today and feel better than I have in three months. [yay!]

Did I ever mention how fun [lots of sarcasm here folks] it is to run 20 miles on a treadmill?

Am I thinking this is going to be a PR?  No.  Not with an increase of 1,300 feet in the first 7 miles.  Not for this [non-hill, treadmill running] city girl.

Loving the course description?  NO.  "This is one of the toughest Marathons in the United States. The terrain is rugged, the altitude exceeds a mile above sea level and the weather can be severe."  - awesome.

Who's meeting me there?

*post edit* - Thanks to "Steve" for the email:
"really?  really, you pick WRM over all the others from your post last Wednesday?  Come on!! ... Hawaii, Seattle, D.C?"

Answer, HECK NO!  This is what I'm calling my "marathon to occupy my brain so I'm not totally depressed when April 19th [Boston] rolls around."  Did I qualify for Boston? Yes, in December 2009.  Was I able to register in time? No. :(

Also, the Pita said this wouldn't "count" against my "you can run any two" offer, as he will be fishing with Peanut [while I run].

a w e s o m e.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh best of luck to you!! That is so inspiring :)

Karine said...

Count me in! (Spectator, of course). I think I could round up a fishing partner for Pita and Peanut, if you know what I mean!

Marlene said...

20 miles on a treadmill? Are you crazy, girl?! ;) Way to go on the run... glad you felt good.

Good news on the marathon! Sounds TOUGH. No, beyond tough. But you can do it!

I assume you'll be heading to Boston in 2011? Crazy how fast it sold out.

Kelly Leigh said...

20 miles on a treadmill??? The most I have ever done is about 4 and a half. Seriously I need your running skills and amazing six pack. Where do I start?

ps. Do you drink whiskey while running it or just after? Because that could get messy!

robin said...

i love prescott. i used to dream about living there...

your running is inspirational! i'm just getting back into it after a 6 month pregnancy hiatus, and man, it is TOUGH.

robin said...

that made it sound like i had a six month pregnancy, and that is just not true. i meant i didn't run for the last 6 months of my pregnancy...

Unknown said...

This marathon looks like a lot of fun...even though it will be challenging. BOSTON, 2011...in the mean time, nice idea to plan something to occupy your body and brain! Can't wait to hear about it!

newrunner said...

Thanks for checking out my blog!!
Ummm, yeah, I won't be joining you, I'm afraid of hills!! BUT, way to go! You are inspiring!!

Kera said...

so. many. questions.

why the freak would you EVER run 20 miles on a treadmill? Don't you live on planet earth where you can just go outside?

second. this marathon seems whack.

just sayin.

Claudia said...

Thanks for checking out my blog
And did you say 20 miles on the treadmill?? AMAZING!!

Jet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
5 Miles Past Empty said...

Oh man! thanks for stopping by my blog! Now, this marathon sounds scary!!! And 20 miles on a treadmill! Oh my! That is pretty darn awesome!!!

I'm off to catch up on the rest of your blog!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment! Your blog is super cute. Can't wait to get all caught up.

And I saw that your hubby is 6'8". Mine is 6'7". I never meet anyone who's spouse is so tall.

Good luck with the marathon!

Sarah said...

I feel like I'm burning calories when I read about you running!

:-D

Angie said...

SO jealous you qualified, I am no where near that quick. Maybe someday.

Ryan said...

do what works....determination!

H Love said...

sorry that last comment was from me. forgot to switch users!

Iva Messy said...

Congratulations!!

Jodi Kendall said...

that's great! We visited Prescott a few years back when we lived in Tucson. Love that part of AZ. :) Glad you had a good 20-miler! I have been out of long distance running for awhile now, I should really get back into it.....

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Umm, won't be joining ya on that one either, but I'll definitely be cheering you on!!!