hopefully, by next week I'll be with it enough to put together a "proper" blog post but until then . . . . . . this is what's occupying/weighing on my little brain today.
* I long for the return of the day when I could actually get $30.00 of gas. not $30.01. not $29.99. one tiny squeeze of the gas pump = .05 cents. my credit card statement looks so weird with the odd numbers.
* I love what I found in Peanut's room this morning. Her Saturday "chore card". Loving what she felt compelled to "add-on" - - just in case she forgot.
anyone else gracing the pages of the women's fashion magazines - when she grows up, I'll not have done my job very well.
* I miss NCAA basketball. NBA finals - - - boring.
* I'm bummed my sister won't be running in the half marathon this Saturday.
* I wish my cereal would get soggy already [sorry Amy, it's the only way I can eat it with milk]
* Thank you to the person who asked me last night, "do you really think you'll finish" [the marathon Saturday]. Maybe that was the encouraging thought I've been needing. Just for you "Mrs. X" . . . I'll be pushing myself twice as hard. In your face? who me? nahhhh ; )
* What color of nail polish for Saturday? Hey, it's a ritual & I'm sticking to it.
* I don't get people who wear sunglasses inside stores.
* people who hum creep me out [I've seen "fallen" too many times].
* why do some friendships require so much work? Does that mean they are the really "good" ones or the "toxic" ones?
* Unless your running, working out or doing yard work . . . I greatly dislike men in tank tops. Yep, even those who have chiseled arms.
* Loving the woman who actually asked if it was ok if she turned off the fan at the gym last night. She wasn't really loving my, "um, please don't" reply though. Hey, I said please.
* probably was a bad idea to eat that slice of red velvet cake . . . for breakfast.
* that as much as I hate [HATE] what Tiger Wood's did. I still think it was wrong for the Master's [president/director/what ever] to blast his personal life on national television prior to the tournament starting.
* hoping that tonight's "Modern Family" episode is NOT a re-run.
* can someone PLEASE email me / comment to me on what the last week of a "taper" should really look like? 4 marathons behind me and I don't think I've ever done a successful taper.