I was just thinking . . . .[I know you are scared]
* Appreciate the simple things in life.
* Eat that second piece of cake, if you really want it.
* Time is the greatest gift you can give someone.
* Pick your battles.
* Think before you speak, especially if you're going to say something with irreparable impact.
* Don't play your trump card unless you have to.
* Children should nurture talents in both one sport and a fine art.
*Seek therapy if you're weathering a storm within. People need doctors for both the outside and the inside.
* Try new foods. It's the easiest, least expensive way to add some adventure to an otherwise ho-hum day.
* Always have a valid passport.
* Take family photos.
* Blood is thicker than water.
* Be there for family. Even when it's hard.
* Brush your teeth twice a day. Three times if you have braces or have just eaten garlic crusted Prime rib.
* Trust your instincts about people. NOT what other's tell you about people.
* Trust in God. There really IS a plan at work, even if you might not have a clue what it is.
* Can't say enough about that honesty thing.
* Take time to play with children.
* Always buy Girl Scout cookies.
* Never pay full price for something over 20 bucks.
* Good looks are only skin deep.
* It's nice to be nice.
* Say please and thank-you, excuse me, pardon and I'm sorry.
* Send handwritten thank-you notes when someone gives you a gift, tangible or otherwise.
* Don't pass on gossip. Pass on compliments.
* Call your parents once a week to tell them you love them.
* Tell your parents you love them in your blog . . . just to see if they are actually reading it. ;)
* Tell the truth, even when it hurts.
* This is another good reason not to drink:
* Know how to hold your silverware properly at the table. Table manners are priceless.
* Karma really exists.
* I'm grateful for friends who call because they "had a feeling they should share something with me". Thanks S.A.W.
* That bad dream last night was just a dream. Even when you awaken from that dream in full on tears.
* I love my family.
* And especially, I was just thinking . . . I am grateful for an older sister who is strong. caring. emotional. supportive. and always there.
What are you thinking?