This 50 miler earned me:
- One sweet buckle
- One dirty bib
- 11 [yes, eleven] awesome blisters. This is so gross. Sorry, I'll just post one. This is an average size - the big one busted.
- Going to lose my big right toenail and two on the left foot. Not as bad as I had thought. Was thinking I had 5 goners. Not posting a photo of these babies. Ya, remember feet gross me out [yes, even mine].
- 50 miles done for Neil's VR!
- The most incredible [new] friend and [new] running partner. You can check out her video from last years race [here]. She is amazing. I am seriously considering running this with her.
- The right to post my ugliest running form / running face photo. The Pita last night, "I don't think it's fair you only post the photos that you like. I think you should have to post your least favorite photo too.". FINE. whatever. Oh ya baby, look at those wrinkles. That horrible form. Loving it.
Now a few #'s:
Elevation gain: 7,040
Average pace: 12.34
PB & J's: 3 bagel style [with salt]
Gu's: zero ---- why eat Gu when you can eat M & M's?!
Aww crap - there was one Gu Chomps
Protein bars: two
M & M's - lots
pickle juice - one cup
pee stops - one [this actually worried me - but I'm okie dokie]
Cookies - two
Alleve - three
Costco muffin - one
granola bars - three
Mountain Dew - two
Powerades - two
nuun tablets - six
* To take is easy peasy for first 32.
* To walk up any hill that was worse than "average" or longer than 1/8 of a mile.
* To eat something every 3 miles [after mile 8]
* To plan on walking most of miles 29-32.
* To not fall and break something.
* To shuffle as much as possible. Tried not to walk as much as possible.
* To finish strong and without a significant limp.
* To finish wanting to do another one. [this was my secret wish]. granted.
This is for Peanut.
She said you all "would like to see how I ran into/through bushes".
sweet swollen ankle.
Dang high school injuries.
"normal blogging" now.
I loved everything about this race. Everything. I just keep replaying it over and over in my mind. One of the best days in my life, to date.
Thank you for following me on this journey.
It has meant everything to me.