Thursday, August 19, 2010

Treadmill Thursday and Adrienne is my hero

Okay today is not my day.  I just wrote this whole post - went to grab a link [hit save] and mailto:%5E#@% it's gone.  URRRGGGG!

This is what every treadmill runner should do to their treadmill at least once every 9-12 days.

Here's the link:  [link]

Here's the recap:

Step 1: Position board


1.  Lift up the back of the treadmill and place the two-by-six board underneath the back feet. Make sure the feet are centered on the board.

2.  Step 2: Position level


Put the level on one side of the treadmill. The level will show that the surface is not level

3.  Step 3: Set incline


Increase the incline of the treadmill until the level reads that the surface is level. The number on the incline readout will now be your new flat running surface, or the new zero.

4.  Step 4: Set decline


Decrease the incline below your new zero to create a decline to run downhill.

5.  Step 5: Remove board


Remove the board after your workout and reset it, making sure the feet are centered each time for safety.



*********************************************

Now for my hero Adrienne . . . . you must click here to see her post today.  Game on Mr. Moosh.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

6. Step 6: Pour a fair amount of wine into a very large wine glass.

:)

Jenny said...

Emz - You would totally rock that race! Chick Jamoosh all the way as only you can.

I still wanna be just like you when I grow up.

Run on.

Sarah said...

Ahhhh hahahahaha!!!! That video is hilarious!

KovasP said...

I'm with Termite. This is too much work - can't I just call a treadmill mechanic or something?

Emz said...

O girl- you make me happy. J is going down!!
Kovas & termite - loving it.
Sarah- what I emailed you earlier. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never done anything like that to my treadmill in the last 4 years. Yikes!

RockStarTri said...

Great video from Adrienne. Beware though, Jamoosh is resourceful.

Andrew Opala said...

I don't own a treadmill - i am poor. :(

Andrew Opala said...

saw the video ... want me to bet on Jamoosh or can you do it all on your own?

Matty O said...

EMZ - STILL not seeing where this grandious idea of doing ALL of your running on a treadmill is paying off here??? I put on my shoes and leave the house, I don't have to level a darn thing.

I will try again next Thursday to see if you can convince me the wonders that is the treadmill.

Adrienne said...

Running downhill on a treadmill....very interesting! I might have to get me a 2X4 and try this just for kicks. Although I will say I love to run downhill outside for the simple fact that it is the only time I can get my speed up and feel the wind on my face! Although here in AZ it would feel like a blowtorch right now.

Anonymous said...

So much to comment on today.

First, wasn't the decline MY idea? Gee whiz...

Second, here's my reply (over at Adrienne's place) on the race:

All wrong. First, I could never catch EMZ, but...

First scene: splash her - no way. I would give her a swift kick in the booty, knocking her head first into the mud.

Third scene: push her out of the way? Are you kidding, if I can catch her I'm going straight for the achilles. Face it, that's the only way I am going to win this.

Johann said...

I’m so glad I don’t do treadmill. I’m lucky I can run outside all year round. I’ve been running 29 years and I’ve never run on a treadmill.
Oh yes, Q can spell. “BROER” is Afrikaans, my home language, for “BROTHER”.

Marlene said...

You are a treadmill EXPERT!!!