Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Shopping" - Barenaked Ladies

When I was young, I just wanted to grow up and be MaryLou Retton. But accessorize like Madonna. And marry Zack Morris.

Strange combo, I know. But you should have seen me in my red leotard, flip-flopping down our eternal hallway, or cartwheeling over my duct taped balance beam. I even wore it to my first day of school [first grade], as a shirt, tucked into my shorts. Seriously. I was a try-hard die-hard.

I've noticed, of late, that Peanut is under the same spell. Ya, I'd have to say her fashion sense is better [no spandex/lycra] but also louder. Yesterday, after I picked her up from school. We went shopping. Most of our time was spent like this:

I'd pick up a solid v-neck . She'd counter with a neon green tie-dye one.

I'd show her some skinny jeans. She'd show me jeans with holes and patches.

And can someone please tell me when these cropped T-shirt things came back in style?




We did manage to shop without buying any leg warmers, electric youth perfume or jelly shoes.

But, I so can't wait to drop her off at school on Monday.
This girl has got a style completely her own. And I'm all for it.

Love you Peanut.