Monday, June 21, 2010

T M I


Is there such a thing?

Someone asked me recently why I blog so much about my personal life.


I talk about my "deep" thoughts [for a blonde anyway], personal confessions and other reflections in a pretty TMI manner.  More often than not, I really don't give a flying fart as to what kind of judgment my reader will "bless" me with.  This is me.  Take it or leave it.

I think this blog is more cathartic than anything. I get out all my thoughts in a place where, if someone feels so inclined, they can call me on the cement (or give me a high five, depending on the topic.)

I think it's a bit intriguing too, having just random Jane Doe out there reading things about my life. I guess I kind of like the thought that I've made my ultimate Confession to the world through Blogger. Anyone who stumbles across this blog gets the real me. I've nothing to hide & no secret agenda.
Even if I meet a fun group of people to grab a protein shake with, that would make me blissfully happy.

I also like that having a blog makes me write about my life. Even if I usually only do it 4-5 times per week. Very rarely, do I think I crank out something amusing, soul baring or thought provoking.

I guess for me, having a blog fulfills a greater need than just sitting at my desk all day listing fancy [expensive] clothes for people to buy.

That's why I do it.

I surely don't use this as a venue to write about how wonderful I am as a mom, daughter, wife or runner.  And not how clever, or how needy or how (fill in the blank here) I am.

I write about the good, the bad and the ugly, and I adore every inch [or mile] of it.

26 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

I love your TMI. Keep it coming.

Sarah said...

I love your blog! :-D

Patrick Mahoney said...

another fantastic post, thank you.

Carly said...

Great post. I love reading about your life.

Johann said...

Well said. I always enjoy your blog.

Kelly Leigh said...

TMI? no way! I love the way you write! Even though you are emotional in your posts, you don't give away all your secrets either.

Anne said...

I love your posts!!! Keep on being yourself...please :)

Anonymous said...

"Deep thoughts" and "blonde" in the same sentence - priceless!

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

I adore reading every bit of the good, the bad, and the ugly. It's all awesome! Thanks for sharing yourself with me and even though we've never met IRL, if we ever did, i'm sure we could converse for hours...or run and converse for hours!

Quinton J said...

Some of us not only appreciate your blog…we depend on it. Your perspective is refreshing. Keep shining!

Laura said...

I loves this little space of yours....

Marlene said...

Keep being you... it's awesome!

misszippy said...

And that's what keeps us coming back!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

I love your style. Keeps me reading! I like to think I do the same. I figure if you were to ask me I would tell it like it is, so why not share it with the whole world?

Unknown said...

This is the first time a fellow endurance blogger had "TMI" in a post and it didn't involve poop!

Really enjoy that Emz and really enjoy your blog!

Caratunk Girl said...

I saw TMI and I totally thought this was going to be a poop, snot, or fart post.

I love your blog, don't change a thing.

Amy said...

TMI?! What? No such thing!

Lucas R. Tucker said...

I am glad that you choose this outlet to share your thoughts and feelings, and that you allow us to share them with you.

I know a few weeks ago when I started mine I did so with the purpose that maybe one day when another fat kid wants to become active they will have somewhere to turn for motivation and insight.

Keeop doing what your doing, It is good for you and you never know when it might help one of us too.

Evolving Through Running said...

It's blogs like yours that made me stop just reading, and start blogging myself.

I think most of us share a passion for running, but that discussion only goes so far. It's that passion in the context of life and it's good/bad realities that keeps things interesting.

Come for the running, stay for the shared human experience.

Keep on doing what you're doing. You make a lot of us think, which is something we could all use.

KovasP said...

Patrick from The Road wrote about how so many of started these blogs as training journals but now have a whole community of blogger friends that we learn about from their non-training posts. Keep it up!

Constantin Gabor said...

I personally love it! It's rewarding to see how human we all are even though we're from different cultures.

Thanks for being honest!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

There is NO SUCH THING as TMI in bloggyworld! :)

I positively love your blog and don't want you to change a thing!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

This is exactly why we blog, because its OUR choice to blog about ANYTHING we want to, if someone doesnt like it, dont read it, plain and simple. I love this post, one of your very best.

Unknown said...

I totally get it. You just can't "compartamentalize" your life when you're blogging...it's all out there. I make it a point to not judge ANY ONE out there who is blogging, we're all doing our best and it does take some huevos to just write, period. Sometimes it takes guts...
High fives and hugs to you, for being as real as you can be!

Unknown said...

I would not keep coming back if it were not TMI. Your candor and openness are admirable and endearing.

Petraruns said...

Totally get it. Totally agree. Who gives a flying "fart" about what people might think about TMI - we love it, it makes you real. It makes you a friend.