Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"May I have your attention please"

This is the sentence [repeated twice] Peanut greeted me with this morning.  Yep, you got it, the first two lines to "The Real Slim Shady" by Eminem.

am I an awesome mom or what?  Seriously, how many other 9 year old girls are this cultured.   ".... we're gonna have a problem here ..."

I'll save you the drama but let's just say today's forecasted "rest" day - not a chance.  Even though I so very much want to dish as to [the other reason] why.  I will take the happier high road and say . . . it is cloudy.  in Arizona.  today.

yippee!

i am running. [wait for it...... wait for it.......]

outside. 

soooooo off to school  my little slim shady went.  I scurried to gather my [OUTSIDE] running gear.  Did I mention it's been 6 weeks since I ran outside?  [ya, and that run - was 2 miles].  So I've logged in 6 miles outside in 3 months.  I know.  I know.  Don't be a hater.  Don't be jealous.

Garmin watch battery - dead.
ipod arm sleeve - missing in [non] action
ipod nano battery - yay.  dead too.
[maybe it IS supposed to be a "rest" day]  HA!  Not optional.  Not today.

juiced up the Garmin for 20 minutes.

found a new, never used case for my iphone [loved that "lose yourself" was set to play next].

laced up the shoes.  and I was off.

Learned:
* why the case was new/never used [only 2 miles in] - an iphone on my arm feels like carrying a five pound weight in my right hand. yuck.
* 15 mph wind makes for a very tough run for a treadmill girl.  I'm thinking the fan at my backside should be moved to my face - that'll make it all equal right?! ;)
* that I am very sadly a much better runner when I am angry.  This probably should be properly addressed at some point.  For day, I'm loving the numbers on my over priced Garmin.
* That two owner-less black labs had a thing for my bum.  I'm sure this is just their way of showing me love or making me feel like one of their own [gross].  I'm feeling a little violated.  Not to mention embarrassed that I totally wigged out [arms flailing - the whole bit] when a school bus drove by at that exact moment.
* that stopping to do hill repeats in a gated community = a drive-by & smallish chat by the local policia.

That I feel much better.  I'll take the 5.02 miles in 37: 49 [not including the hill repeats{time or distance} or the chat with the man in uniform].  What was "lost" has been found.  I'll look for my brain later.

***  Please remember to do this before tomorrow, if you haven't already! ***

13 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute post. Glad you had a good run in spite of the "obstacles." :) The black lab story made me laugh.

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Your posts always make me laugh.

I thought I ran on the treadmill a lot. 6 miles in 3 months ... wow! I would long for outdoors! Oh, and can I just mention that you are super speedy. I would kill for speed like that!

Anne said...

Yay for getting outside to run and amazing pace!!

Marlene said...

OH WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY! So glad you got out there to enjoy it.... even if it didn't go *perfectly*.

MCM Mama said...

LMAO! What a run!;o)

Melissa said...

That's an amazing pace!! WOW

And the Slim Shady reference? LOVE IT! My kid loves Guns n Roses right now, but is well aware of the tamer songs of Eminem. :)

Unknown said...

Whaaat?! You gotta get out more, literally, haha. All is good, though, seems not to have tampered with your speed!

Unknown said...

Your treadmill is going to be very jealous, better stay away for a couple of days to let her cool down!

Amy said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog!

You are a speedy runner! Sounds like a fun run!

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

Wow! How do you do the mill so much? I have considered it would be great mental training for a marathon, but I just don't think it's going to happen for me.

Great Post!

Gina said...

I've been running with my iphone on my arm, and it's not too bad. I just alternate arms each day so I don't get lop-sided arm muscles! ;)
running with the pandora app is awesome! great post!

Kelly Leigh said...

peanut is such a gangster! hahaha! Glad you got to run outside (so jealous of your speediness) and hope the sun starts shining in Arizona again soon! Also I don't know how ppl run with their ipods on their arms. I hold my nano in my hand so I can change the songs easily - am I the only one with music ADD?

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Ha!! the 310 tells the time, 305 doesnt, does everything else in the world, but always get that awkward moment when I have it on and some asks me the time and I hace to tell them this thing doesnt give the time.