Monday, August 8, 2011

"New Perspective" - Panic! At The Disco

What we see depends mainly on what we look for. ~John Lubbock

[feely post today . . . . . it's selfish . . . . it's for me to look back on from time to time]

I received a text from a dear friend of mine this afternoon.  I felt a smile come across my face just seeing her name appear on my phone.

She was "checking in" with me.
Asking how I had been.
Saying she missed seeing me.
What I had going on.
What was up next for me.

I told her. 

And

then asked the same of her. . . . . "How have you been?"

[Let me interject here and say . . . . if you even spent 2 minutes with this woman - - you would FEEL her strength.  She is not "wishy-washy" in anything she does.

Not. a. thing.]

She then told me in not so many words of an event that had recently occurred in her life.

I immediately had huge tears in my eyes.

Yes, I was sad with and for her. [for sure].  I told her this.  Asked if I could do anything & that I was here for her.

but

what moved me was her strength & her perspective.

 . . . . .

 . . . . . .


It's so easy to become discouraged.

Life, family, relationships, injuries, outside influences, etc.

but. our. individual. perspective. is. everything.

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. ~Abraham Maslow

YTB. JB.