Thursday, January 28, 2010

Terms of Endearment

So I had almost finished writing a post about stress.  Where, in part, I mostly asked [ok, begged] you all [I use that term loosely] about how to DE-stress.

As I don't have time for one of these:


Would have to clean my bathtub to use some of these:



Can't run [which is pretty much the only way I know how to de-stress] today because in two days, I'm running another one of these [stupid human races]:


And I'm almost that desperate .... that I was about to try whatever it is she is doing:
 
She just looks peacefully weird, doesn't she?!?

But then MY Mom text saying "how's your knee?"
Then I think I went into full panic attack mode or maybe I passed out, I don't remember.  I just remember awakening to another text that read, "I have more prednisone". 


[picture the heaven's opening and harps being played]

She had me at, "hello" -- "I have"

It oddly reminded me of Shirley MacLaine line, in Terms of Endearment, "my daughter is in pain .... give my daughter the shot!" [okay, fully realize that was random].

* * * * * *

I'd still love any comments on how to de-stress.  As I'm quite sure, I'll end up divored if I run a step between February and June.

2 comments:

amyraye said...

stop running and waking up before the sunrise. that's a start. :)

Emily said...

Em, Abby says:

"will you leave a comment on emily eliason's blog and tell her that i read her blog and i love it and i have tried about a million times to make a comment but my computer won't let me? i don't know how else to tell her. thank you!"